Massage for Pregnancy~ For Mums and the developing baby
Pregnancy is special experience and a demanding experiences for a woman’s body. The major changes in your body’s shape and function during pregnancy and the birthing process (weight increase, hormonal changes, postural and breathing adjustments) can cause dramatic and often uncomfortable side effects to your body.
Pregnancy Massage (or Prenatal Massage) is a gentle form of massage that will help to alleviate your aches and pains, address postural changes and relieve pain or discomfort that occurs during pregnancy.
Benefits of Pregnancy Massage
- Aids relaxation and provides the mother with essential “personal time”
- Promotes rest, recuperation and healthy sleep
- Reduces joint pain caused by muscle tension or swelling and fluid retention
- Eases backache, shoulder tension and neck pain caused by postural changes
- Reduces stress on weight-bearing joints
- Relieves discomfort caused by specific conditions such as Carpal Tunnel, Sciatica and Piriformis Syndrome
- Postnatal massage may help increase the healing process by aiding essential blood flow to the healing areas
What to Expect
Our qualified massage therapists take extra care to ensure our pregnancy massage clients are comfortable. You’ll be able to lay on your side supported by soft cushions to alleviate strain on your lower back and pelvic areas during your massage. We also have a pregnancy mat that will allow you lay on your front with comfort during your treatment.
Depending on where you are in your pregnancy, our professional therapists will use gentle treatments and techniques that meet your specific needs at that stage. For example, Reflexology Massage can be a useful treatment during the 3rd month of pregnancy.
Because of the proven dangers of aromatherapy oils during pregnancy, be assured that our therapists will only used nontoxic soluble massage oil which poses no danger to your unborn child.
Pregnancy Massage relieves stress and discomfort in your body during pregnancy, and this is of benefit both to the mother and the developing baby.
Advice from a Health Care Professional may be required before the start of your treatment.
Make a Booking
Our Mission is to provide you with an excellent service that assists you to achieve your health goals. Talk to us to discuss how we can tailor your treatments to meet your needs
Call us on
Looking for a special gift?
If you’re looking for a way to show someone in Esperance that you care about them, why not surprise them with an AS SMART massage voucher. A relaxing massage is one of the most precious gifts you can give a loved one.